* a commonwealth school where each family contributes significantly to the working of the school.
* based upon the principles of a leadership education (the same fundamental principles many of our Founding Fathers and other great leaders of the past and present possess).
* patterned after the Leadership Education Mentoring Institute (LEMI) commonwealth school model.
* multi-denominational and encourages cooperation between various faiths in order to create stronger families, develop a stronger community, and promote freedom.
* privately funded by tuition/fees, fundraisers, and donations.
* currently a completely unique educational option in our area.
*a 501(c)(3) non-profit entity.
* believe every student (both youth and adult) has a specific mission they were put on this earth to accomplish.
* meet once a week for classes (Mondays, 9:15 a.m. - Noon at the First Baptist Church at 370 W Main Street, Cedaredge, CO).
* allow interested families and community members to visit. Please contact us so we can plan on you.
GMSA is NOT:
* a "drop off" school where parents have a "hands-off" role in their child's education.
* a "co-op." Although each family is required to contribute significantly to the functioning of the school, there is an executive board and a Constitution by which the school is governed. This means longevity and less friction.
* based upon a "conveyor belt" form of education which ascribes to grade levels, "one size fits all" mentality, standardized testing, or Common Core.
* a public school, a charter school, or ISP. Therefore, you may still take classes at our school even if you are enrolled in one of these other schools/programs.
* funded by government money.
GMSA does NOT:
* believe in using force or compulsion in its classes, but rather ascribes to the principles of inspiring and challenging individuals to seek out and own their own education.
* meet every weekday.